Friday, August 28, 2009

Flawed Beautifully- just me.


I danced on the edge of the world. I drank from a peaceful stream. Arms stretched to the sky with a determined smile. The dress I wore was tattered and shabby, but it danced around me in the breeze magnificently. The song sounded like the fall of leaves and the beat was the deafening sound of change. Every torn hem caught the sunlight and flowed with the rhythm of the ocean waves. It was the fabric which made the scene captivating. Each thread misplaced, each tear feathered, and each fray fluttering was surrounded by the glow and green of nature. Alone surrounded by everything alive was like waking into a precious dream. Awakened... owning the key. Flawed beautifully- just me.

2 comments:

GYPSYWOMAN said...

your work is truly beautiful - you can feel the power and beauty of the words - great great! and i love reading it!

Marlene said...

Marissa..I love your words..You are the best gift God gave me!
xoxo Mom